Puberty is a building block for future sexual health education. This curriculum, updated in 2018, is written for youth in 4th-6th grades and includes:
- activities that increase knowledge, critical thinking and skills
- inclusive language and activities
- realistic scenarios and opportunities for young people to problem solve and make healthy decisions
- a flexible, easy-to-use format aligned with national and Maine’s health education standards
- supplemental lessons on a variety of age-appropriate topics such as body image, healthy relationships and Internet safety
- background information, resources and support for educators
Please feel free to download the Puberty Happens lessons, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on obtaining a hard copy of the curriculum and professional development opportunities.