At The Statehouse
Your Guide to Being a Reproductive Rights Advocate in Maine
Maine’s Legislature establishes state law and funding levels for a variety of state services. Decisions made at the state level include:
- Access to family planning services and the level of state funding supporting Maine’s family planning system;
- Abortion rights for women and teens;
- Teens’ rights to access confidential reproductive health care;
- Standards for comprehensive sexuality education in public schools;
- Civil rights laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of gender, race, sexual identity, family status, etc.
- Funding levels and eligibility standards for a variety of programs that support Maine families, like Medicaid, TANF, child care assistance and food stamps.