Join Our Team
Director of WIC
Candidate is responsible for all oversight and direction of Maine Family Planning’s WIC program for Washington and Hancock County. This is a full-time exempt position.
- BA/BS Degree in relevant field such as public health or social services.
- 1-2 years diverse experience working in related field.
- Staff management and supervision experience.
- Must be able to develop, maintain and be part of a program-wide team.
- Good verbal and writing skills, able to relate to others.
- Strong decision-making and communication skills.
- Initiative, adaptability and proven ability to work under stress.
- Excellent communication skills and experience writing and speaking to diverse audiences.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated passion for WIC program.
- Ability to develop positive relationships.
- Must have reliable transportation for regular travel.
Float Site Administrative Coordinator
Maine Family Planning is seeking a Float Site Administrative Coordinator. This is a 30 hour a week position located in our mid-coast and central clinics. This position is Monday through Thursday.
Position Summary: The Site Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the administration of all the front desk responsibilities of the office.
- A minimum of two years of college.
- Two years working in social/health services one of which must include coordinator responsibilities or equivalent within family planning system.
- Ability to be organized, manage systems, computer skills.
- Commitment to family planning and abortion care services.
Position Summary: Candidate will work under the direction of the CEO/President to provide editing and writing of articles, blogs, social media platforms, press releases, position papers and policy statements for the organization. This is a part-time position of 21 hours a week in Augusta.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Creative Writing or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 5 years editorial experience, including proven ability to take a writing project—op-ed, press release, concept paper or proposal—from start to finish.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector preferred.
- Knowledge of non-profit communications preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, including editing and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to organize others to produce draft materials in their areas of content expertise.
- Ability to work independently, yet support a collaborative environment.
- Strong analytic skills with the capacity to synthesize and creatively translate conceptual information and knowledge into compelling, understandable messages for a variety ofexternal audiences.
- Knowledge and experience in news, print media, and new media relations.
- Fluency in new media tools and approaches, including in-depth knowledge of social media platforms.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tool knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize a complex workload.
- A clear understanding of and commitment to MFP’s mission and goals.
- Write and supervise the writing of blogs on an array of subjects, including clinical, educational and political as they intersect with reproductive health and justice issues.
- Draft press releases on a variety of different topics, often on short notice.
- Work with CEO, vice presidents and others on social media posts.
- Work with CEO on assorted policy statements.
- Work with CEO in composing or editing opinion pieces for internet and dead tree placement.
- Work with CEO in composing or editing concept and position papers describing new program development that may be used as the basis for foundation or public grant proposals.
Benefits for each position vary but may include: health insurance, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension. Vacation, sick and holiday pay.
To Apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Maine Family Planning
P.O. Box 587
Augusta, ME 04332
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.