JOIN OUR TEAM
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Benefits for each of the following positions vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Director of Development
The Director of Development is responsible for building a broad public program to make the case for Maine Family Planning that leads to financial support of our mission. This is a full-time position. Flexibility for some remote work is available.
- Work requires communications, writing, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree program. Advanced degree emphasizing social science and research preferred.
- Ability to translate emerging patient needs into persuasive proposals to support new program development.
- Work requires abilities generally acquired through seven years of development experience. Capital campaign experience preferred.
- Experience working with volunteer boards, major donors, community-based agencies, foundations and committees.
- Experience managing and directing a multi-year campaign preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing internal and external communications for a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to organize resources, administer a budget, excellent written and communication and public speaking skills. Ability to be goal-orientated is necessary.
- Ability to work interdependently, with minimal supervision, and cooperatively with all departments.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, research, and planning skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills working in databases.
- Demonstrated experience in writing and assembling grant proposals and reports for both private and government funders.
- Demonstrated experience in grants management.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Alissa Boynton, Human Resources Manager
Maine Family Planning
P.O. Box 587
Augusta, ME 04332