JOIN OUR TEAM
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Benefits for each of the following positions vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Director of Public Affairs
The Director of Public Affairs is responsible for helping to promote MFP’s mission and policy agenda in community and legislative settings. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to MFP’s work to advance access to sexual and reproductive health care, including abortion, and a commitment to applying a reproductive justice framework in order to advance rights, resources, and respect for all Maine families. The candidate must be skilled in researching and developing public policy; work collaboratively and cooperatively with coalition and statewide partner agencies; understand Maine’s political process; and demonstrate that they can bridge administrative, advocacy, and clinical departments of our multi-faceted organization. This is a full-time position.
- Baccalaureate required/Master’s preferred;
- 5 years’ or more experience in legislative analysis and advocacy in a reproductive justice framework preferably on behalf of underserved groups, including low‑income women, teens, members of the LGBTQI community, and New Americans;
- Demonstrated experience developing partnerships; 501(c)3-safe voter engagement activities;
- Demonstrated ability to define need in target groups, develop policy responses to address the need and conceive and carry out in collaboration an overall strategy to achieve the defined goal(s) with partner organizations;
- Demonstrated ability to defend against efforts to undermine access to basic reproductive health services;
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills;
- Ability to work independently and occasional night/weekend hours; and
- Excellent interpersonal and planning skills.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Alissa Boynton, Human Resources Manager
Maine Family Planning
P.O. Box 587
Augusta, ME 04332