JOIN OUR TEAM
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Benefits for each of the following positions vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
General Ledger Accountant
Maine Family Planning is hiring a full-time General Ledger Accountant. This position is accountable for reporting timely and accurate financial transactions for monthly financial statements through effective management of the general ledger system and financial systems integration. The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for month-end closings including making necessary journal entries, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, bank reconciliations, etc. This position assists with budgeting, audit schedules, financial reporting and special projects as assigned. The General Ledger Account reports to the Controller.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Accounting or related field (Degree may be substituted by Associates Degree and minimum four years direct experience in non‑profit/administrative or business setting)
- Understanding of and experience in computer system operations and full range of computerized accounting systems (general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, budgeting, cost allocation)
- Computerized spreadsheet expertise (Excel desired) with experience producing managerial reports from accounting and client data systems (from conception to design to production)
- Excellent accounting skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with other departments and to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Independent judgment
Benefits are health, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance and 403(b) retirement. Vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Maine Family Planning is an E.O.E.
It is MFP’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunities without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, whistleblower status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Alissa Boynton, Human Resources Manager