JOIN OUR TEAM
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Benefits for each of the following positions vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
This position provides leadership for the daily operations of accounting, payroll, and accounts payable. The Accounting Manager assists the Vice President of Finance & Administration with budgeting functions, banking activities and relationships, investment and cash management, maintains and implements organizational fiscal policies, manages financial contracts, assists with insurance and bidding for contractual services and risk management. The Accounting Manager coordinates external and internal audit activities and works closely with all departments on procedure and policy decisions related to financial activities. This position manages grant accounting, fixed assets, and collection, consolidation and reporting of FPAR data.
This is a full-time position located in Augusta.
- Minimum Baccalaureate Degree in Accounting or related field. Non‑profit/grant experience preferred.
- 5 years accounting and finance management experience.
- Extensive accounting experience in computerized environment, including knowledge of fund accounting principles and practice. Understanding of federal circulars, A-133, A-110, A-122, Uniform Guidance and Maine MAAP requirements desired.
- Computerized spreadsheet expertise (Excel desired) with experience producing managerial reports from accounting and client data systems (from idea to production).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with other departments and work independently.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Independent judgment.
The primary role of this position is to assist family planning providers in the delivery of administrative and clinical duties. Candidate must have the capability to be flexible with their schedule. This position involves a significant amount of travel. Mileage reimbursement included. This is a full-time position at 37.50 hours a week.
- Certification from an accredited Medical Assistant training program
- Knowledge of OSHA, HIPAA and CLIA guidelines
- Experience working with electronic medical records preferred
- Valid drivers license required
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Alissa Boynton, Human Resources Manager
Maine Family Planning
P.O. Box 587
Augusta, ME 04332