JOIN OUR TEAM
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Benefits for each of the following positions vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Vice President of Fund Development
The Vice President of Development is responsible for building a broad public program to make the case for Maine Family Planning that leads to financial support of its mission.
This is a full time position located in Augusta. The VP of Development reports directly to the CEO/President.
- Work requires communications, writing, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree program. Advanced degree emphasizing social science and research preferred.
- Work requires abilities generally acquired through seven years of experience. Development and capital campaign experience required.
- Experience working with volunteer boards, major donors, community-based agencies, foundations and committees.
- Experience managing and directing a multi-year capital campaign.
- Demonstrated experience developing internal and external communications for a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to organize resources, administer a budget, excellent written communication and public speaking skills. Ability to be goal-oriented is necessary.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and cooperatively with all departments.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, research, and planning skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills working in databases and word processors.Demonstrated experience in writing and assembling grant proposals and reports for both private and government funders.
- Demonstrated experience in grants management.
The primary role of this position is to assist family planning providers in the delivery of administrative and clinical duties. Candidate must have the capability to be flexible with their schedule. This position involves a significant amount of travel. Mileage reimbursement included. This is a full-time position at 37.50 hours a week.
- Certification from an accredited Medical Assistant training program
- Knowledge of OSHA, HIPAA and CLIA guidelines
- Experience working with electronic medical records preferred
- Valid drivers license required
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Alissa Boynton, Human Resources Manager
Maine Family Planning
P.O. Box 587
Augusta, ME 04332