JOIN OUR TEAM
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Benefits for each of the following positions vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
FLOAT NURSE PRACTITIONER
Maine Family Planning is seeking a part-time, salaried (3-4 days per week) Nurse Practitioner. The Nurse Practitioner will be expected to work in our central and western sites. The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing healthcare to patients and families, focusing on health maintenance, disease prevention, patient education and counseling. The Nurse Practitioner works according to Maine State Rules and Regulations following established Policies and Procedures as required and within established scope of practice.
- Current Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Nurse License in the State of Maine. All clinicians must maintain a valid state license, and evidence of a valid state license must be provided to MFP prior to employment. Evidence of license renewals must be submitted to MFP on or before the license expiration date. A valid license is required for this position. Master’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited program or approved as an NP in Maine prior to January 1, 2006.
- National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner unless approved as an NP in Maine prior to January 1, 1996) is required, and evidence of valid certification must be submitted to MFP off prior to employment. All clinicians must maintain continuous certification, and evidence of valid certification/recertification must be submitted to MFP on or before the certification expiration date. A valid certification is required for this position.
- Clinicians must maintain valid DEA registration. Evidence of valid DEA registration must be submitted to MFP before completion of the NP’s orientation training. Evidence of DEA registration renewal must be submitted to MFP on or before the registration expiration date. A valid DEA registration is required for this position.
- Clinicians must obtain a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). Evidence of a valid NPI number must be submitted to MFP before completion of the NP’s orientation training.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- All clinicians must maintain continuous certification, and submit evidence of recertification on or before the certification expiration dates. If the clinician has not received verification of recertification from the national certifying body, the clinician must provide evidence that they have made application to the certifying body, the application has been reviewed, and is awaiting processing of the recertification document. Timely recertification is required for this position.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Alissa Boynton, Human Resources Manager
Maine Family Planning
P.O. Box 587
Augusta, ME 04332