JOIN OUR TEAM
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Benefits for each of the following positions vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Maine Family Planning is seeking a full-time Outreach Coordinator to work 37.50 hours a week based in our Augusta location with remote work included.
The Outreach Coordinator will promote Maine Family Planning in the community and coordinate linkages between community organizations and clinical services. The Outreach Coordinator will maintain and develop new collaborative working relationships with a wide array of organizations throughout the state including those serving people with substance use disorder, domestic violence shelters, intensive outpatient programs, and the criminal justice system. Additionally, the Outreach Coordinator will work with colleges and universities and other organizations interested in promoting sexual and reproductive health services. The Outreach Coordinator will provide educational sessions virtually and in-person when able and provide information about MFP services including telehealth services.
- Associates Degree preferred and /or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in either reproductive health or services related to substance use disorders
- Knowledge and understanding of some combination of the following: sexual and reproductive health, reproductive justice, substance use disorders, harm reduction practices, and domestic violence. Training on these topics can be arranged for the right candidate.
- Proven ability to build trusting relationships with populations who experience social stigma, including but not limited to people who: use drugs (including pregnant people); have been or are currently incarcerated; have experienced sexual exploitation, trafficking, and/or domestic and sexual violence; and/or have experienced homelessness.
- Passion for and willingness to uphold the tenets of MFP’s mission, including respect for all patients’ bodily autonomy, individual right to privacy, and the right to make decisions about pregnancy that include accessing abortion.
- Demonstrated experience working on cooperative projects with community partners
- Excellent communication and group facilitation and process skills
- Strong problem-solving and management skills
- Strong data collection skills
Benefits are health, vision, dental, life, short and long term disability insurance and 403(b) retirement. Vacation, sick and holiday pay.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Alissa Boynton, Human Resources Manager
Maine Family Planning
P.O. Box 587
Augusta, ME 04332