JOIN OUR TEAM
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Benefits for each of the following positions vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
The Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) is a federally funded Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention effort to deliver evidence-based sexual health education to youth in Maine. Delivered through a contract with the Maine Center for Disease Control, the target populations for PREP include youth served in community-based settings and alternative education programs who might not otherwise receive sexual health education through formal school health classes. The PREP Coordinator will establish working relationships with an array of youth-serving organizations throughout Maine, including, but not limited to, programs that serve youth: experiencing homelessness; who are pregnant and parenting; involved in non-traditional and alternative education settings; in foster care; live in residential facilities, who identify as LGBTQ+; and from underserved populations and communities. Through these organizations, the PREP Coordinator will provide training, technical assistance, programmatic, and administrative support to ensure evidence-based sexual health education is delivered to youth according to the PREP requirements and guidelines.
This position is 22.50 hours a week. Location to be determined. The PREP Coordinator is supervised by the Prevention Program Director.
Qualifications Needed for Position:
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- Interest in sexual health education and passion for MFP mission.
- 2-3 years’ experience in social services preferred.
- Experience working with older youth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solver/critical thinker.
- Strong computer skills (excel, word, etc.).
- Group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member.
- Experience/interest in building collaborative partnerships.
- Interest in marketing and outreach in the community.
Education and Knowledge Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
Bachelor’s degree required.
Starting pay: $22.69 hour
Benefits include health, vision, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
- To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Alissa Boynton, Human Resources Manager