JOIN OUR TEAM
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Benefits for each of the following positions vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Vice President of Development and Community Engagement
MFP is seeking a full-time VP of Development and Community Engagement to work at our Augusta site. This position reports to the CEO/President.
The Vice President of Development and Community Engagement is responsible for building a broad public program to make the case for Maine Family Planning (MFP) that leads to financial and political support of MFP’s mission. The Vice President will report to and work with the CEO to coordinate and execute internal and external communications for the organization.
- Work requires communications, writing, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree program. Advanced degree emphasizing social science and research preferred.
- Work requires 5-7 years of development experience.
- Experience working with volunteer boards, major donors, community-based agencies, foundations and committees.
- Demonstrated experience developing internal and external communications for a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to organize resources, develop and administer a budget, excellent written communication and public speaking skills. Ability to be goal-oriented is necessary.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and cooperatively with all departments.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, research, and planning skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with constituent relationship management (CRM) software applications, (experience with DonorPerfect preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in writing and assembling or overseeing/coordinating grant proposals and reports for both private and government funders.
- Demonstrated experience supervising grants management.
- Experience working in non-profit sector with knowledge of non-profit communications.
- Strong analytic skills with the capacity to synthesize and translate complex concepts and information into compelling messages for diverse audiences.
- Fluency in new media tools and approaches, including social media platforms and channels.
Benefits are health, dental, vision, life and short/long term disability insurance, and 403(b) retirement. Vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Maine Family Planning is an E.O.E.
It is MFP’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunities without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, whistleblower status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Alissa Boynton, Human Resources Manager