JOIN OUR TEAM
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Benefits for each of the following positions vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding Peer Counselor – WIC
MFP is seeking to hire a part-time Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding Peer Counselor for WIC. The position can be remote and the work will take place over the phone to check in with participating or expecting parents. There may be monthly trips to the Calais WIC office to check on equipment inventory and supplies. The position is one day a week (7.5 hours).
- Has preferably successfully breastfed at least one infant for at least 6 months (does not have to be currently breastfeeding).
- Is enthusiastic about breastfeeding and wants to help breastfeeding mothers enjoy a positive experience.
- Completes the training sessions required to become and continue as a WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor.
- After completion of BFPC training, observes other peer counselors or lactation consultants (for at least one-half day) as they help mothers with breastfeeding.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise good judgment with WIC clients.
Maine Family Planning is an E.O.E.
It is MFP’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunities without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, whistleblower status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Alissa Boynton, Human Resources Manager