JOIN OUR TEAM
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Benefits for each of the following positions vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Program Director of WIC
Maine Family Planning is seeking a full-time Program Director of WIC at our Ellsworth location. The WIC program works to maintain the health of women, infants and children up to age five by providing information on healthy eating and vouchers for healthy foods. The Director is responsible for the oversight of all three WIC locations: Ellsworth, Calais and Machias.
- BA/BS Degree in relevant field such as public health or social services
- 1-2 years diverse experience working in related field.
- Staff management and supervision experience.
- Must be able to develop, maintain and be part of a program-wide team.
- Good verbal and writing skills, able to relate to others
- Strong decision-making and communication skills
- Initiative, adaptability and proven ability to work under stress
- Excellent communication skills and experience writing and speaking to diverse audiences.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated passion for WIC program.
- Ability to develop positive relationships.
- Must have reliable transportation for regular travel.
Benefits are health, dental, vision, life and short/long term disability insurance, and 403(b) retirement. Vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Maine Family Planning is an E.O.E.
It is MFP’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunities without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, whistleblower status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Alissa Boynton, Human Resources Manager