JOIN OUR TEAM
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Benefits for each of the following positions vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Nutrition Coordinator – WIC
Maine Family Planning is seeking to hire a full-time Nutrition Coordinator for our WIC office in Ellsworth. The Nutrition Coordinator leads all nutrition-related aspects of the WIC Program. This position builds and maintains positive relationships with maternal, infant and child healthcare providers statewide. This position is responsible to coordinate services for medically high-risk WIC participants, and acts as agency expert in nutrition working closely with the WIC Program Director to ensure compliance with performance standards and contractual obligations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Health Care Education, or related field. A Registered Dietitian (RD) credential is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with groups and individuals.
- Experience working with socioeconomically and culturally diverse populations preferred.
- Interest in promoting family health for the purpose of empowering families to achieve maximum levels of wellness and independence.
- Strong verbal, writing skills and communication skills, able to relate to others
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with community partners and participants.
- Must have reliable transportation for regular travel.
Benefits for this position are: health, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance, and retirement. Vacation, sick and holiday pay included.
Maine Family Planning is an E.O.E.
It is MFP’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunities without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, whistleblower status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Alissa Boynton, Human Resources Manager