JOIN OUR TEAM
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Benefits for each of the following positions vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Breast Feeding Counselor
Maine Family Planning is seeking a part time Breastfeeding Counselor to work at our Ellsworth location. This position is three days a week, one day is working on Friday as the Administrative assistant in the office. The other two days are flexible. The WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor is a support person who gives basic breastfeeding information and encouragement to WIC pregnant and breastfeeding mothers.
- Has preferably successfully breastfed at least one infant for at least 6 months (does not have to be currently breastfeeding).
- Is enthusiastic about breastfeeding and wants to help breastfeeding mothers enjoy a positive experience.
- Agrees to work the part-time hours required for the position.
- Completes the training sessions required to become and continue as a WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor.
- After completion of BFPC training, observes other peer counselors or lactation consultants (for at least one-half day) as they help mothers with breastfeeding. Reads assigned books, views DVD’s and material about breastfeeding.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise good judgment with WIC clients.
Benefits for this position are; health and vision insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Maine Family Planning is an E.O.E.