JOIN OUR TEAM
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Benefits for each of the following positions vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
WIC Breastfeeding and Nutrition Counselor
Maine Family Planning is seeking a part-time (22.50 hours a week), WIC Breastfeeding and Nutrition Counselor. This position meets with WIC clients to provide support and education. The position is Tuesdays and Thursday in Calais and one additional day to be determined upon hire.
- Has preferably successfully breastfed at least one infant for at least 6 months (does not have to be currently breastfeeding).
- Is enthusiastic about breastfeeding and wants to help breastfeeding mothers enjoy a positive experience.
- Completes the training sessions required to become and continue as a WIC Breastfeeding and Nutrition Peer Counselor.
- After completion of BFPC training, observes other peer counselors or lactation consultants (for at least one-half day) as they help mothers with breastfeeding. Reads assigned books, views DVD’s and material about breastfeeding.
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise good judgment with WIC clients.
- Ability to complete administrative tasks as assigned by WIC Director.
- Available for afterhours calls from breastfeeding mothers to provide guidance and support.
- Interest in promoting family health for the purpose of empowering families to achieve maximum levels of wellness and independence.
- Strong verbal, writing skills and communication skills, able to relate to others
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Ability to develop positive relationships.
- Must have reliable transportation for regular travel and valid driver’s license.
Benefits are health, vision, and 403(b) retirement. Vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Maine Family Planning is an E.O.E.
It is MFP’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunities without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, whistleblower status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.