JOIN OUR TEAM
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Benefits for each of the following positions vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor/Administrative Assistant
The WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor is a support person who gives basic breastfeeding information and encouragement to WIC pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the WIC Director. This is a full-time position (37.50 hours per week) in our Ellsworth office.
- Has preferably successfully breastfed at least one infant for at least 6 months (does not have to be currently breastfeeding).
- Is enthusiastic about breastfeeding and wants to help breastfeeding mothers enjoy a positive experience.
- Agrees to work the part-time hours required for the position.
- Completes the training sessions required to become and continue as a WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor.
- After completion of BFPC training, observes other peer counselors or lactation consultants (for at least one-half day) as they help mothers with breastfeeding. Reads assigned books, views DVD’s and material about breastfeeding.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise good judgment with WIC clients.
- Ability to complete administrative tasks as assigned by WIC Director.
Benefits: Health, vision, dental, life insurance, short & long term disability, 403(b) retirement, sick, vacation and holiday pay.
Please submit a letter of interest to email@example.com
Maine Family Planning is an E.O.E.