- This event has passed.
Best Practices Training
May 17, 2018 @ 8:30 am - May 18, 2018 @ 3:00 pmFree
Learn how to implement Maine Family Planning’s updated Best Practices in STD/HIV and Pregnancy Prevention Curriculum in this 2-day training! Best Practices is a 10-lesson curriculum, aligned with the Maine Learning Results, addressing the sexual health needs of adolescents ages 13-18.
During the training, participants will:
- explore specific lessons and activities in the curriculum on topics such as: abstinence, healthy relationships, goal-setting, decision-making, effective communication, STDs, barrier methods and pregnancy prevention
- increase their comfort level and demonstrate skills in delivering lessons on sexual health topics
- identify and practice responding to student questions
- identify resources and tools available to support curriculum implementation
- network with other educators teaching sexual health throughout Maine
Who should attend?
Maine educators committed to implementing Best Practices with youth ages 13-18. Participants will need to attend both training days and have the commitment and administrator support to deliver the curriculum to youth after the training.
Space is limited to 20 educators.
When and where?
The training will take place from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM on Thursday and Friday, May 17-18, 2018 at the Maine Principals’ Association in Augusta.
What is the cost?
Thanks to support from Maine’s Dept. of Education, all costs for participants are covered, including: registration, mileage and substitute reimbursement. Participants will also be provided with a hard copy of the Best Practices curriculum along with other resources needed to deliver the curriculum.
Overnight lodging if traveling more than 1-1/2 hrs one way is available upon request.