- This event has passed.
Puberty Happens Training for Educators
March 12 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$35
Join colleagues from around the state to learn how to implement Maine Family Planning’s updated Puberty Happens curriculum in your school or organization during this day long training.
Puberty Happens is a 3-unit curriculum, aligned with the Maine Learning Results, addressing the social, physical, and emotional changes of puberty for youth in grades 4-6.
During the training, participants will:
- explore specific lessons and activities in the curriculum’s three units: puberty changes, changing bodies, and changing relationships.
- increase their comfort level and demonstrate skills in delivering lessons on puberty topics.
- describe ways to create a gender inclusive environment.
- practice responding to student questions.
- identify resources and tools available to support curriculum implementation.
- network with other educators delivering puberty education throughout Maine.
Who should attend?
Maine educators, school nurses, and other school staff who support and teach puberty education with youth grades 4-6.
What is the cost?
The cost for this event is $35.00, and includes lunch during the training and a hard copy of the updated Puberty Happens curriculum.
Scholarships may be available upon request as funding allows.
Please contact email@example.com for more information and to request a scholarship.