COMPREHENSIVE SEXUALITY EDUCATION CONFERENCE
VIRTUAL | APRIL 7 - 8, 2022 |1 – 4 PM EST
We are glad you could join us for our second virtual conference!
- Please fill out the conference evaluation and CE / contact hours request form, which is available here. Your feedback is important to us and helps us improve and ensure funding for future conferences.
- In the evaluation form, you can also request CE/ contact hours which will be emailed to you at the conclusion of the conference.
- If you have not already received a swag bag in the mail, you will be receiving one shortly from MFP.
- All of the sessions below were recorded live on April 7th and 8th. If you would like to enable closed captioning, please do so in the YouTube settings.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out:
- Email Lynne anytime at email@example.com or at 207.248.3927.
SESSION INFORMATION AND ZOOM INVITATIONS BELOW
APRIL 7 (all times in EST)
Meet our Keynote Speaker, Dr. Tanya Bass!Dr. Tanya M. Bass (she/her) is an award-winning sexuality educator and a mental health advocate that is committed to advancing health equity through culturally responsive and inclusive professional development. Her services include training and consultation on health-related topics, to include reproductive health, HIV/STD prevention, women’s health, health equity, cultural consciousness, socialization and implicit bias, and other related topics. She provides support for other educators, trainers, and facilitators to help them improve their training and facilitation skills utilizing best practices and the principles of adult learning.
2:45PM – 4:00PM
Towards Cultural Responsiveness in the Sex Ed Classroom
APRIL 8 (all times in EST)
All sessions will be recorded and can be watched after the conference.
These workshops were recorded live from
1:00PM – 2:15PM
MEET OUR ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS
Stacey LaFlamme – Maine CDC
Jean Zimmerman – Maine Department of Education
Karen Wyman – Maine Coalition to End Domestic Violence
Dr. Sandra Caron – University of Maine
Elijah Wabnitz – New Beginnings
Lisa Ravar – Maine Coalition Against Sexual Assault
Aspen Ruhlin – Mabel Wadsworth Center
Jennifer McCann – LCSW /Sexuality Educator
This conference was funded, in part, by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services/Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention and New Beginnings, through a grant from the Maine Department of Education.