MFP's Patient Advisory Board Application
Maine Family Planning is building a Patient Advisory Board that will provide feedback and insight to assist in evolving and improving patient care and communications, and advancing inclusion in all we do. We will convene cohorts in three hub areas across the state, including Lewiston, Belfast, and Presque Isle. We welcome patients who live within the surrounding regions to review this information and submit an application below!
MFP expectations for Patient Advisory Board members:
– Commit to one full year of service;
– Participate in at least two 3-hour long sessions in your region per year;
– Participate in at least one statewide gathering of PAB members in the year;
– Provide honest feedback;
– Treat all fellow PAB members with respect;
– Observe confidentiality when/as requested.
As a Patient Advisor, you can expect:
– A $50 stipend for each in-person meeting you attend;
– A meal at each meeting you attend;
– Gas cards to cover travel costs for each meeting you attend;
– Childcare provided as needed for each meeting you attend;
– The opportunity to provide feedback on patient care both directly and anonymously;
– Accommodations for disability and language needs;
– Opportunities to act as a community ambassador for MFP;
– Education in the areas of sexual and reproductive health, reproductive justice, messaging, and other topics as the group identifies need and interest.
If you have questions about this application or process, please contact MFP’s Associate Director of Public Engagement, Cait Vaughan, at email@example.com or (207) 350-4815.