JOIN OUR TEAM
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Benefits for each of the following positions vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Home Visitor for Maine Families
The Home Visitor is responsible for establishing and fostering partnerships with families to implement Maine Families services in their homes. Assures the delivery of service for families and children that meet the Maine Families State Performance Standards. The program is grounded in prevention and is designed to promote child development, positive parenting, enhanced parent-child relationships, child health, and to prevent child abuse and neglect.
This position is full-time (37.50 hours) in our Ellsworth office.
Qualifications Needed for Position:
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- 1 to 2 years of experience working with families with young children
- Home visiting experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with groups and individuals.
- Interest in promoting family health for the purpose of empowering families to achieve maximum levels of wellness and independence.
- Strong verbal, writing skills and communication skills, able to relate to others
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must have reliable transportation for regular travel.
Education and Knowledge Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
- BA/BS in Child Development, Social Services or related field required
Starting pay: $22.03 hour
Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance and 403(b) retirement. Vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Maine Family Planning is an E.O.E.
It is MFP’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunities without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, whistleblower status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Alissa Boynton, Human Resources Manager