JOIN OUR TEAM
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Benefits for each of the following positions vary but may include: health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
MFP is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to work in Calais and Machias. The position is 2 days a week: Wednesdays and Thursdays.
The Nurse Practitioner works collaboratively with clinical staff to provide healthcare with an emphasis on quality family planning services. As required by the State of Maine, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the supervision of unlicensed clinical staff and ensures that clinical services are performed safely and correctly.
In addition, the Nurse Practitioner:
- Is responsible for ensuring that clinical services are provided in a manner that is patient-centered and non-judgmental
- Collaborates with patients to help them meet individual healthcare and reproductive goals
- Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical knowledge and practices evidence-based medicine
- Provides assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management, education, health promotion, and care coordination
- Follows Maine Family Planning policies and clinical protocols
- Promotes the mission of Maine Family Planning
- Adheres to Maine State Laws, Rules and Regulations and provides care within the established scope of practice
- Current Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Nurse License in the State of Maine.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner unless approved as an NP in Maine prior to January 1, 1996) is required, and evidence of valid certification must be submitted to MFP off prior to employment. All clinicians must maintain continuous certification, and evidence of valid certification/recertification must be submitted to MFP on or before the certification expiration date. A valid certification is required for this position.
- A valid DEA registration is required for this position.
- Clinicians must obtain a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Starting pay: $51 per hour
Vacation, sick and holiday pay included.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Alissa Boynton, Human Resources Manager