Open Door Transgender Health Services
**Gender Affirming Healthcare Services Packet Links Here**
Info on Masculinizing Therapy
Info on Feminizing Therapy
Gender Marker Change Help
Maine Family Planning staff provide compassionate, confidential health services, regardless of your gender identity or expression. Whatever decisions you make about your health, we listen and provide support without judgment.
Gender Affirming Healthcare Services at Maine Family Planning include:
- Hormonal transition therapy & monitoring for trans people 18 years old & over
- Onsite self-injection lessons for hormone injections
- Referrals to specialty providers & community resources, including mental, behavioral, & medical providers
- Yearly wellness visits, preventive care, birth control & safer sex supplies, STD testing & treatment, and abortion for patients of any gender
- Patient-friendly hours
- MaineCare, Medicare, and private insurance are accepted for covered services. VISA, MasterCard, debit cards, cash and personal checks are accepted for those paying out of pocket
- For gender affirming healthcare services, we do have a sliding fee scale based on household income for people without insurance
- We can sign up income eligible uninsured or underinsured people for Medicaid limited family planning benefits which cover most reproductive health services such as yearly wellness visits, STI testing, but do not cover specific gender affirming healthcare services and medication
- We will work with you and (if applicable) your insurance carrier to help make services and supplies as affordable as possible
We have providers in our Lewiston, Augusta, Norway, Belfast, Presque Isle, Fort Kent, and Waterville health centers who provide gender affirming healthcare services. Through our telehealth system, we usually can provide services to our patients from a site closer to their home. Please call 207-922-3222 for more information and to schedule an appointment.
If you already have an appointment for an initial visit, it would save some time if you logged into your Patient Portal account and filled out the health history form before the appointment.