**Download Transgender Health Services Packets Here**
Maine Family Planning staff provide compassionate, confidential health services, regardless of your gender identity or expression. Whatever decisions you make about your health, we listen and provide support without judgment.
Transgender Health Services at Maine Family Planning include:
- Hormonal transition therapy & monitoring for trans people 18 years old & over
- Onsite self-injection lessons for hormone injections
- Referrals to specialty providers & community resources, including mental, behavioral, & medical providers
- Yearly wellness visits, preventive care, birth control & safer sex supplies, STD testing & treatment, and abortion for patients of any gender
- Patient-friendly hours
- MaineCare, Medicare, and private insurance are accepted for covered services. VISA, MasterCard, debit cards, cash and personal checks are accepted for those paying out of pocket
- For transgender care services, we do have a sliding fee scale based on household income for people without insurance
- We can sign up income eligible uninsured or underinsured people for Medicaid limited family planning benefits which cover most reproductive health services such as yearly wellness visits, STI testing, but do not cover specific transgender services and medication
- We will work with you and (if applicable) your insurance carrier to help make services and supplies as affordable as possible
At the current time, we have providers in our Lewiston, Belfast, Presque Isle, and Waterville health centers who provide the transgender services. Also, through our telehealth system, we usually can provide services to our patients from a site closer to their home. Please call 207-922-3222 for more information and to schedule an appointment.
If you already have an appointment for your first visit with us, it would save you some time at your visit if you logged in to your Patient Portal account and filled out your health history before your appointment.